2017 Event listings
We do our best to include all island events and update our page as soon as we get the information.
If you have an event we have missed, please contact us at email@example.com and we will add it right away!
Summer Farmer’s Markets!
- Queen Charlotte: Saturdays, 11am at the Ball Field (year round)
- Sandspit: Sundays, 11am, ALM school Gazebo (seasonal)
- Tlell: Sundays, 11am, at the storage facility on the driveway to the soccer field, just south of the fire hall. Look for the carrot sign on the highway! (seasonal)
- Masset: Fridays, 3pm, on Main St. by the Village office (seasonal)
Every Community on Haida Gwaii host events or celebration throughout the summer months. Plan your visit around the locals!
- All Island Art Show – Opens March 10, 2017. This remarkable show features individual art works produced each year by islanders. Often up to 80 original pieces are on display and many are for sale. You don’t want to miss this exhibit.
- Totem Pole Raising at Hiellen – June 21st, 2017 at 2pm. Raising of a totem pole carved by Christian White and his apprentices.
- Queen Charlotte Hospital Day – 3rd Saturday in June every year. This year it will be held June 17, 2017. The island’s longest running fundraiser for the hospital, 107 years this year, a parade, pancake breakfast, loonie/twoonie and live auctions, music, children’s activities an all day event and a dance to top it all off!
- Port Clements Canada Day celebrations – June 30, July 1 & 2, 2017. Baseball, mud bogs and more in Port Clements all weekend long. This is where the action is on Haida Gwaii.
- Skidegate Days – July 6, 7, & 8, 2017. Features fish splitting contests, Haida dancing, salmon BBQ and plenty to see and do in Skidegate.
- Totem To Totem Race – Totem to Totem marathon will be held on July 15th, 2017.
- Sandspit Loggers Sports – July 22, 2017. The community of Sandpsit goes all out with this traditional loggers sports day, complete with axe throwing, log burling competition, plenty of fun for the whole family.
- Edge of the World Music Festival – August 11-13, 2017. Music festival that attracts performers from all over Canada. Food and gift vendors all weekend. Fun for the whole family.
- Tlell Fall Fair- BC’s earliest fall fair Sunday August 6, 2017 at the Tlell Fair Grounds.
- Kay Days – celebrate the Haida Heritage Centre anniversary with a day full of activities including the famous and much celebrated Dance Competition. August 19th, 2017 this year.
- Masset Harbour Day – August 12, 2017, details for this year’s event to come.
- Annual Artisan Christmas Sale – here at the Visitor Centre held on the last Saturday in November every year. November 25, 2017 this year – Save the Date!
- Annual Christmas Fair – QC Community Hall an amazing selection of home made, home crafted, home baked fare for all on your gift list
- Surfing Expression Session – Tow Hill annual surf event on Haida Gwaii.